Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Jingle Bluebells

Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) has named her newborn daughter Bluebell Madonna. From AP:

"The singer also known as Ginger Spice, 33, told Hello! magazine she'd been inspired by seeing the spring flowers during her pregnancy.

"But what really clinched it for me was my mother telling me that the bluebell is increasingly rare - so it's precious flower, which seems just right for my daughter," Halliwell was quoted as saying."

That makes sense. So long as it's "rare". That seems to be the way celebrities find names for their babies now. On the other hand, Oral Gonorrhea is rare, so I guess that would be a fitting name for a child too. Cleveland Steamer? Also rare. Platypus Buttplug? Rare.

I can't wait till all of these celebrity kids grow up. You think it's bad now with the Paris Hilton's and Nicole Richie's of the world? Wait until you see Charlie Sheen's daughter having a second wave Reggaeton dance-off with Britney Spears's son in 2024. At least I assume Reggaeton will be the only music available by 2024 - I'm sure payola will be around long after the nuclear apocalypse...

Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home